Featured
Stop Asking When I'm Going To Have A Baby
Stop Asking When I'm Going To Have A Baby. There are numerous other scenarios i have not thought of or witnessed in which the question of when someone is going to have a baby is not appropriate; I had a killer response for the third time:

The only answer to this is that is not uncomfortable for everyone involved is “i’m already pregnant!”. The minute we got engaged, everyone demanded to know the wedding date. “when are you going to have another baby?” “you need to give your son a sibling!” “are you going to have more kids?” all of these seemingly harmless comments i hear almost on a daily basis.
Once The Baby’s Actually Born There Are The Costs Of Taking Care Of The Little Soul.
Everyday and everything is “baby this” and “baby that.”. Stop asking me if i'm going to have a girl. Kids are an expense that not everyone can handle.
Not Everyone Has $13,248 Lying Around.
When i was first asked, “when are you going to have a baby?” by a person who had no business asking (which is basically anyone), i think i just murmured something like “errr, ha! She waited a beat before noting, “you know when i was your age, i was starting to raise your uncle.”. As a society we seem to have this generationally ingrained need to ask women when they plan on starting a family.
So Next Time You See Me, Ask Me When My Book Is Being Published, Not When I’m Going To Start Having Babies.
So, please, stop asking when i'm going to have kids. Ultimately, that decision is between you and your partner. Naturally the bubbes and zaydes are thrilled.
I Wasn’t Always That Pleasant.
We told everyone right away w our first (literally 3 weeks), but are waiting this time. But now i feel my mil is pushing me to tell. Honestly, i can’t tell you when, so please have a little more patience.
There Are Numerous Other Scenarios I Have Not Thought Of Or Witnessed In Which The Question Of When Someone Is Going To Have A Baby Is Not Appropriate;
Others simply aren't sensitive to boundaries. Now we’re married, it’s babies. It's time we do away with antiquated ideas of what it means to have.
Comments
Post a Comment